Rocklands 2 Area - Week 12

Elder Dos Santos and Elder LaHue attending Zone Conference

Two main things happened during the week: my first zone conference, and I got sick!


As far as the missionary work, it was a slow week. We spent one day preparing for zone conference, the next day in it, and the following day I was out of commission with the flu. Conference got me motivated to work though, and I am looking to bounce back this week and give it my best!


Matthew 4:18-20: "And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets, and followed him." 


We are promised many blessings when we exercise our faith. Faith is a principle of action. Jesus' disciples immediately dropped their nets and followed Christ. The same can apply in our lives. As we give up unnecessary things and focus our attention on the things that matter most, we exercise our faith in Christ, and it grows!


One of the promised blessings in our call letters we receive when we are called to our missions is that we will gain an increased knowledge and testimony of the Restoration. I have seen that to be true in the short time I've been out here. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God, and that he was called to restore the same church that Jesus Christ established when he walked this earth. A common theme I have seen out here is the appearance of rainbows. One day as we were sharing the Restoration with a young couple, I looked out the window and saw a big beautiful rainbow. 


I know that God loves me, and he loves you too.
Elder LaHue


Elders Chico, Makhuvele, LaHue, Vaughn


President Thompson motivating the Elders

Elder Harbertson

Elder Phillips