Rocklands 2 Area - Week 14

Elders LaHue & Woodland, Phumeza Ngogodo

Last week of training!! I am happy, but I'm going to miss Elder Dos Santos. He has been a great influence in my life and has taught me many valuable things during my mission. He is going to do great things in this mission and in life!


We worked so hard this week. For some reason people were not keeping their appointments with us. Three, maybe four times a day we would show up to a home and nobody is home. When nobody is home, that means we go knock houses. And it's hot. It sounds like I'm complaining, but the week actually flew by. I truly felt like I was "filled with the Spirit of the Lord this week". Heavenly Father always provides a way, even when we feel we can't continue on. I remember at one point someone bunked us and I turned to my companion and we just started laughing so hard for no reason. We were so tired! Funnily enough, the rest of the day went by quick after that.


I have been learning a lot about the gospel lately. Whenever I have free time, I find myself reading books. I am in the New Testament now reading about Christ's mortal ministry. I just finished "Our Heritage", and now I'm also reading Teachings of President Joseph Fielding Smith. I feel like my knowledge has increased so much in a short period of time. The best part is that I am able to use this knowledge to bless the lives of other people, with the help of the Spirit of course!


"We are passengers, love is the driver." Keep learning, keep living, keep loving!

Love,
Elder James Austin LaHue




Elders Rakotomalala, Dos Santos, Woodland

Elder Rakotomalala... or just Malala for short.