Rocklands Area 2 - Week 10

Elder LaHue standing in front of a statue of Nelson Mandela

Happy New Year! Sorry I had to email a day late, all of the email shops were closed yesterday because it was a holiday. It seems like every day is a holiday here. 

We had a baptism on Sunday! Her name is Siphokazi Ngogodo, 26 years old. Elder Dos Santos and I have been teaching her the last 2 weeks. Her sister and mother are both recent converts. It was a wonderful experience! During the baptismal service I felt an overwhelming sense of joy and peace. What a great way to begin this new year.

2017. This will be the only full year of my life on my mission. Meaning, I have one full year to serve the Lord and other people. This is going to be an experience of a lifetime. My resolution this year is to be diligent in all things that I do. Often missionaries get burnt out and tired, but I don't want to finish my mission knowing I could have done more. I want to give it my all.

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." 

Lately I have been studying the words of Isaiah written in 2 Nephi, with the help of a teaching manual of course. As it states in this scripture, if we put our trust in the Lord he will give us strength. He will lift you up. Whatever your goals may be for this year, I know that if we rely on the Lord he will help us.

Sincerely,
Elder LaHue

Baptism of Siphokazi Ngogodo!

Elder Woodland, Abelwa & Siphokazi Ngogodo