Rocklands 2 Area - Week 15




Elder Dos Santos, Woodland, LaHue
Lesego, Karabo Mahloko, Kgosi, Karabo Gabaidiwe


I have completely unexpected news..... I am being transferred to KwaDabeka! It is in Pinetown, near Durban. Tomorrow night I take the 10 hour bus ride back to Durban. We all thought I would be staying in Rocklands at least one more transfer! There is a shortage of missionaries though because 10 are going home. President Thompson has had to close some areas. So, Rocklands 1 & 2 are combining and I am leaving. I am excited though!!

Yesterday at church I had to say my goodbyes, and it was harder than I thought it would be. I have met some amazing people in these last three months. I have grown to love them like family. South Africans are truly wonderful people. One of my most memorable experiences came yesterday when I was saying goodbye to Brother Mokgadi, an investigator we have been helping overcome a smoking and drinking addiction. With the help of Christ, along with his own desire, he has come so far since we first met him. He said to me, "Change other's lives the way you changed mine". That was so powerful. This work is not my work, it is the Lord's work. I am humbled to be a part of it.

Lately I have been studying in Matthew about the parables of Jesus Christ. Christ was so smart. He taught in parables so that only those who are spiritually in tune can understand his teachings about the gospel. Those who had unbelief would not be able to understand "the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven", even though Jesus was right there explaining them. 

Matthew 13:44 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field." 

If we understood everything about heaven now, we would give up all we had immediately in order to even have a chance to enter into the presence of God. But why not start now?


Elders Dos Santos & Malala, Jane, Elder LaHue, Koketso

Ngogodo Family: Abelwa, Grace, Siphokazi & Yolo

Bro. Mokgadi & his wife Bonny!

Elders Woodland & LaHue, Sister Miji