Maseru, Lesotho Area - Week 22



Ndumiso Shezi


Greetings from Lesotho!! This place is so cool! Literally, the temperature is a lot nicer than Durban. During the day it's a little hot but at night it cools down nicely. Where we work in Maseru is kind of flat, but deep Lesotho is mountainous. The people here are very humble! There are many members to work with and we teach a ton of people. Elder Adams is really good at talking to everyone we see so we always have a large teaching pool. He is from Germany and near the end of his mission, but he is still working his hardest so he is a huge example to me. It is crazy to think that I am one of only 12 missionaries in this country. The church is still in its infancy here, but it makes me want to work that much harder here to bring as many people closer to Christ as I can!!

I am happy. Life is good! One of the interesting things about Lesotho is that the driving is insane. All of the roads are bumpy, traffic is bad, people don't obey traffic rules at all. and it is generally just chaos everywhere. The thing is, I am the assigned driver and to make matters worse, I don't know how to drive stick shift! Elder Adams was given permission to teach me though so we don't die. I started practicing today and he will drive until I feel comfortable. Haha I never thought I would be experiencing this challenge on mission, but I am stoked to learn.

Missionary work is awesome. People here are excited, the vibe is so different. When we teach the people listen, they read from the Book of Mormon, and even come to church. There is a little tuck shop (small store) that is like our base of operations. We teach lessons there like crazy!! 

I hope you all have a fantastic week! Also I can't believe I have been out for 5 months!!

Love,
Elder LaHue

Getting ready for the 10 hr bus ride to Lesotho.
(Elders Nielsen, Vaughn & LaHue)


Mandy Shabalala & family!

Elder Adams

Tuck shop owner 2tah!