Maseru, Lesotho Area - Week 24

Elders Adams & LaHue, 2tah & Thato!

This week has been super powerful! On Friday we had zone conference, so we woke up at 4:30am to make the drive out of the border of Lesotho to Bloemfontein, which is 2 hours away. I got to see some missionaries I haven't seen in a while, including my trainer and close friend Elder Dos Santos. It was so nice to see him!! He has been in Rocklands for almost 6 months now and is doing a great job leading the Bloemfontein zone. We had fun catching up! During conference the theme was "yielding our hearts unto God". We discussed about motivation to do missionary work, being bold, and using our time effectively. The whole day was a learning experience and I'll try to apply what I learned to my work here.



During Saturday and Sunday we watched general conference at the chapel. 11 of our investigators came to church on Sunday to watch! It is a unique opportunity for all of us to hear counsel and wisdom directly from God's prophet and apostles to us. My view on conference has changed so much in the last 3 years. I used to not pay full attention and sleep and things, probably because I didn't grasp the full meaning of what I was watching. Now I am hooked! I encourage all of you to watch if you haven't already, and I promise you will find something said that is an answer to a problem you have been struggling with. My favorite quote is "perfect love casts out fear". Through Christ we can overcome anything, even deeply rooted fears, doubt, and feelings of inadequacy. 




The final talk of conference stood out to me the most. Quentin L. Cook spoke about building foundations of faith. Physical, mental, and spiritual development have much in common. Studies have shown that it takes around 10,000 hours of practice for someone to master a skill (ex. professional athlete). In these days, spiritual growth has been less emphasized and taught compared to the other two types of growth. This 10,000 hour rules applies to spiritual growth as well. If we want to see the results, become a better person, and come to know better and love Christ, we need to put in the work. This includes studying our scriptures daily, praying to Heavenly Father night and day, and coming to church and partaking of the sacrament each Sunday. As we do these things consistently we can find joy in the promise that we will grow in every way possible.



**IMPORTANT**


Is what we missionaries teach true? Does it come from God or am I just wasting 2 years of my life? The answer to these questions boils down to the answer to these next 3 questions. "Is Jesus divine? Is the Book of Mormon true? Is Joseph Smith a prophet of God who played a vital role in the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ?" Find the answers to these questions. Ask missionaries or the Mormon friends you have or even me. The more I learn about the work I am doing here, the greater desire I have for everyone to hear the truth. I wish for all my friends and family to know of the marvelous truths of this restored gospel! You can have the opportunity to live with your family forever, overcome challenges in this life, and receive a fulness of joy!




Africa is still crazy and my stick shift driving has improved substantially. We should have a few baptisms in the coming weeks. I am also learning a lot of Sesotho and sometimes can hold a conversation in it. That's all for this week, love and miss you dearly!




With love,
Elder LaHue





Elder Dos Santos

Elder Thorkelson's rear end