Masuru, Lesotho Area - Week 28



We have been working hard this week! My new companion is Elder Hicks, he is from Idaho Falls, Idaho. His last area was Thaba Nchu and he has been on mission for 14 months. Also, he loves Star Wars. In my last 2 areas I was the first to leave so I never had to worry, but this has been my first time leading the area. Meaning that I've had to go around and set all the appointments, call people, initiate all the lessons, etc. It was intimidating at first but I think I have gotten the hang of it. I have never talked so much in my life!!



Mom will laugh when she reads this but not learning how to cook has finally caught up to me. Food here is more expensive here because it is imported. Also in Lesotho we aren't fed often. So now I need to learn to cook! I made mince and noodles this morning, admittedly in the microwave though. Haha I'll add that to the list of skills I have needed to learn out here.




Our area is doing solid. We had 8 investigators come to church on Sunday and are generally always teaching lessons. Also I get to skype my family next Sunday!!! It's been 5 months since I have heard their voices. I am super excited. 




Not much else to report on. Now the goal is to make it to a year out on mission. Then it's downhill from there! I love what I am doing and I know God loves all of us too. Happy Mother's Day!!




Love,
Elder LaHue


Elders C. Christensen, Sibanda, Thorkelson, Jantjies, Adams, Lahue, Jewkes

Elder Hicks

Elders LaHue, Jantjies, Thorkelson. A classic missionary favorite -
Monopoly Deal!