Maseru, Lesotho Area - Week 38 RIP Brother Booi

Rest in peace, Brother and Sister Booi.


Sorry for the late email, yesterday was a public holiday so all the shops were closed.


Last Monday was a sad day for us. We had an appointment with the Booi family, whose wedding we attended last month. Attached is a picture of them. We drove to their place but they weren't there and their phones were turned off. We found out the next morning that they both were killed in a car accident. I saw the picture and the whole front of the car was smashed in. Their funeral will be on Saturday. Sister Booi is a member, and he was supposed to be baptized this Sunday. On the bright side they are both together, in a better place, and we want to get started on their temple work so their marriage can be sealed.


Sister Rasheleng will be baptized on Sunday! I have been teaching her from the start, so it is special to me. She has an amazing memory! When we began teaching her, she explained 7 chapters in the Book of Mormon to us. So she is special. She has a child named Mamello that is awesome, and she turns 8 in December so she can be baptized then!


This week I was reading and the scripture "Honor thy father and thy mother, that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee." That struck me, and caused me to think about all the sacrifices my parents have made to raise me, and even to help get me out here. So take the time this week to thank your parents.


Siyabonga,
Elder LaHue​


"Bakkie art"

Elders LaHue, Takau, Diehl & Hicks at a souvenir shop in TY!

Elder Hicks let me borrow his jacket because I was freezing!