Maseru, Lesotho Area - Week 42

Thetsane Chapel

Sacrament attendance went up to 45!!  We are getting there slowly but surely. We had 2 potential Melchizedek Priesthood holders there! One's name is Manyane, who is a 24 year old guy. The other is named Pheello, who happens to be related to the 1st counselor in the branch presidency! Both of them seemed to enjoy church, and I think we gained some more trust from the elder's quorum because of it. We have been seeing many tender mercies each day, usually 3-4. We are putting people on B-Date each week! We should put at least 2 more this week. Elder Hinnen is still learning really fast and yesterday we taught our best lesson together so far. This guy named Hlompho gave a very sincere prayer at the end, asking to know if the message we shared is true. I know he will get an answer soon!


I had the opportunity to go on exchanges twice this week, where we swap companions for a day. It is an excellent opportunity to teach and learn. On Saturday I went to Ha Thetsane and we handed out invitations for church since there is a new building. I walked in the middle of the road and stuck my arms out and people driving past would stick out their arms and take the fliers! We handed out over 200! Also these 4 little kids were there and they helped us set up and hand them out. We have no idea who they were, but we bought them candy and gave them water as thanks. The experience as a whole was really fun!


Here are some scriptures that helped me during the week:


D&C 90:11 "For it shall come to pass in that day, that every man shall hear the fulness of the gospel in his own tongue, and in his own language, through those who are ordained unto this power, by the administration of the Comforter, shed forth upon them for the revelation of Jesus Christ."


Alma 17:11 "And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls."

The work we are doing is a sacred work. I am more happy than I have ever been in my whole life.

Love,
Elder LaHue



Elder Schraedel's bakkie!

Elder Guymon

Elder Hinnen