Maseru, Lesotho Area - Week 44

Elder LaHue and Thato Mohapi

President Thomas S. Monson - "Success is preceded by tears, trials, trust, and testimony."
President Gordon B. Hinckley - Work will win when wishy-washy wishing won't."
This week was filled with conferences. First we had zone conference on Friday. The theme was "The Divine Companionship" of the Holy Ghost. We learned all about how to invite the Spirit into our work and receive guidance from our Heavenly Father. It was probably the most uplifting conference I have ever been a part of! I spoke about how obedience invites the Holy Ghost into our work. My favorite talk was given by Elder Dransfield (one of the senior couple missionaries). He spoke about how his mission helped influence the rest of his life. It was very powerful and made me realize the impact that these two years will have on the rest of my life. For lunch the Dransfields provided Chinese food!!


On Saturday and Sunday we had District Conference. President and Sister Thompson were there, along with Elder Daniel P. Hall (an Area 70). My friend Thato Mohapi got ordained to the Melchizedek Priesthood! That is him in the above picture. We learned a lot about building our faith in Christ and doing work, mainly missionary and family history work!


Lately I have been trying to work on developing my Christlike attributes. It seems that the more I try, the harder it is! I am struggling with patience, and also having charity and love for others. I noticed lately that I am getting angry far too easily. Sometimes it seems that we are so far away from Christ! I know that improvement takes effort and we are not alone in this great endeavor.
I love you all!
Elder LaHue


Elder Hinnen, Thato, Elder Takau, Elder Schraedel

Monyane - Elder Hinnen's first investigator!

Elder Maughan

Elder and Sister Dransfield
Zone Conference - Chinese Food

The Royal Family (my son, brother, and baba)

Elder Moore and Elder LaHue

Lesotho Zone

Cleanest Boarding Award (3 times in a row)