Maseru, Lesotho Area - Week 45

Elder Hinnen, Maleshoane, Tholang, Elder LaHue

What a crazy week!! I'm turning 21 tomorrow! It's crazy where the time goes. I remember a year ago I was at Olive Garden and at the movies with my family, watching Suicide Squad. Now I'm out here changing lives! Quite a change of pace. Haha. Thanks for all the birthday wishes!


On Monday I accidentally got my district into a crazy situation. There is a gym in our area that I was checking out. The owner is a guy named Paul. Paul invites us to come for a free trial and test out the equipment. 6 of us show up and start casually lifting. All of a sudden, Paul shows up and moves us to this big room. Then he has us do this crazy high intensity workout!! We were not prepared, and we were very sore for at least 4 days. It was wild!


Yesterday we had Elder Hinnen's first baptisms!! Maleshoane Makhanya and Tholang Moreki were baptized by Elder Hinnen and President Makutoane. It was a great way to end the transfer, and a powerful experience. The crazy thing is Tholang only knows Sesotho, so we have had to use someone to translate whenever we see her. There is no Book of Mormon in Sotho, so the teaching process was slow. But she gained a testimony and both of them were able to enjoy this special day! We have been so blessed by the Lord in this area, and to top it off I am staying another transfer!


I've been able to study weakness this week, and I learned much to help me. The biggest thing is that God gives us weakness to grow. He doesn't take them away or change them, but instead he changes us. See the example of Paul:


2 Cor. 12:7-10 "And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."


I'm not perfect, but as I was studying this and praying for help, I've seen an increase in love and charity in myself!

LOVE,
Elder LaHue
*not alcohol, grape juice


Elder Moore and I celebrated our 21st birthdays!


Maleshoane's father, Maleshoane, Elder Hinnen, Tholang, Elder LaHue, President Makutoane