Maseru, Lesotho Area - Week 46


First of all I want to thank everybody for all the birthday wishes!! It was one of the best days of my mission, and it wouldn't have been without all of your love and support. In order to not break tradition, we had an "Olive Garden" dinner at the Dransfield's Monday night. I ate so much cake I thought my stomach would burst! Tuesday morning the district came over for a jam session. We recorded "If You Could Hie to Kolob" and I played guitar. The video is too long to send, unfortunately. Throughout the day we taught some power appointments! In the evening we went over the the Makutoane's and had a small party and had these custard drinks. Then at night I ate my favorite food, donuts!!


I would like to thank my parents especially for all the love and support they have given me during the course of my life. They have raised me the best they could, and taught me how to work hard and make smart decisions for myself. Plus they sent me some American food, which I have been craving for months. You all have no idea what it's like!! My sister Katy sent me Lucky Charms, which makes me so happy haha. Also I have been reading and rereading all the letters I received. They bring me so much joy and light! I can't begin to give enough thanks, especially to Heavenly Father for giving me these two years to serve Him.


My Dad sent me 72 kazoos, which is odd. But it turned out to be one of the best gifts ever! We give them out to little kids and teach them how to play. It makes them really happy to get a free toy. Also I made a moo sound at a cow with one and it mooed back to me a few times. I'm pretty sure I had a conversation with a cow with a kazoo. Also, they are great tools to use to get out of sticky situations. When a drunk Ntate (man) comes up to me, I just give him one instead of money! The small things in life make me the most happy!

Thanks for all the love,
Elder LaHue




Sister Makutoane

Tsepang, Kamo, President Makutoane, Elders LaHue & Hinnen

Elder Takau

A drawing from one of Elder Hinnen's younger relatives!

President Mpiti's son