Maseru, Lesotho Area - Week 47

Peter & Monyane

Man, I was so tired this week! And not tired of the work, just physically exhausted. I'm doing great now, but my body was ready to give out on me. On Friday was the worst. We went to an appointment with an awesome 16 year old boy named Mabela. We were reading the Book of Mormon with him and during parts of the lesson we both fell asleep! He was cool with it, but I felt so bad. We are going to get him some sweets to make it up to him! After that I was so tired I had to resort to buying an energy drink just to keep myself awake.



Mabela is one of our most favorite people to teach. He is smart, and he walks FAR to get to church, even though he is just a kid. This Sunday he walked with his mom and sister and the Mphethe family to make it to church. We were teaching him about the Spirit World and he called it "Soul City" which is the coolest name I ever heard to describe it. 




We are also teaching two guys named Peter and Monyane. They love to come to church and learn about the gospel. We are helping them stop smoking. Attached is a picture with the number 0 drawn on our hands. It helps them to remember when they grab a cigarette that they are trying to reduce to zero. I love these guys, they are really just solid good guys at heart. I've been so privileged to have the chance to help them come closer to Christ.




Also we found this cool family that has a trampoline! So naturally, I walked into their gate, past their dog, and knocked on their door. They were really nice and I got to jump on it with these kids! Can't say I would have been able to do something like that before my mission.


Love,
Elder LaHue​





Kids from Zimbabwe (Some of the only white people in Lesotho)


Elders Schraedel & Fransen. Elder Fransen got pinned.

Elders Bodnar, Hinnen, Moore, Guymon, Hicks & Ntaka at Paul's gym.