Maseru, Lesotho Area - Week 48

Chopping wood with Bro. Moima

I am really impressed with the effort level that my companion, Elder Hinnen, has put into his missionary work. He has changed from a new, ready to work missionary to a focused, efficient, and diligent one. We had exhanges this week and I had him stay in our area with another new missionary, Elder Guymon. When I came back at night, they had done such a good job teaching people and had many experiences. Now he is ready to take over the area when I leave! My work is almost complete, haha.


This week our efforts have been focused on working with the branch leaders. Yesterday we had our first branch counsel, where we discussed reactivation and missionary work. All of the leaders are on board to work with us, and we passed around a sign up sheet during Elder's Quorum to see when everyone is free. All the members of the Elder's Quorum wrote their name on the list! We have been working with our branch mission leader, Thato Mohapi, each week for correlation. We even gave him the opportunity of giving his first blessing last night! Now it is up to us to reach out and contact these members to take them with us. Every day we have taken a member with us, and their testimonies help so much!


During zone conference I learned how to more effectively use the Book of Mormon in my teaching. Not to just talk about it, but to open it and read it with people. Sharing stories, examples, and applying it directly to their lives. As I have done so recently, I have felt a change in my work and much more of the influence of the Spirit in our lessons.


1 Nephi 1:20 "But behold, I Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."


tender mercy is a small blessing that we see day to day as we learn to recognize Heavenly Father's hand in our lives. We have been trying to focus on writing them down, because they help us to be grateful to God. Yesterday we had so many! One of them was when we were walking and we saw a guy we are teaching names Hlompho. At the same time one of our members, Brother Tumo, was walking up the hill, nowhere near where he lives. So we pulled them both in and Tumo helped us teach about the Plan of Salvation! Little things like that are blessings from the Lord that help me make it through each day.

Love,
Elder LaHue





Ready for the gym!
Elders Hinnen & Moore