Maseru, Lesotho Area - Week 50


All we did this week was hype people up for General Conference! It was my second as a missionary. We watched it at the Maseru chapel a week later because of broadcasting issues and time difference. 7 investigators came, so not too bad! During the week we created these flyers and passed them out to people we met in Khubetsoana. Around 200 were handed out. On Friday there was a car wreck on the way to the area so we took advantage and passed them out to people stuck in traffic. Attached is a picture of Elder Hinnen and I waiting in our boarding between conference sessions. I'm known for loving to eat peanut butter too much. I blame the lack of good food options around here!


Speaking of conference, Dale G. Renlund's talk "The Priesthood and the Savior’s Atoning Power" was an answer to my prayers. I loved the focus on covenant keeping and also the personal story about the man who had his temple blessings restored. It hit me hard when he said "I informed him that after I restored his blessings, his membership record would show only his original baptism, confirmation, priesthood ordination, and endowment dates. He choked up again." Something stirred deep inside of me after hearing that message, and I am so grateful for Elder Renlund for being inspired to deliver it.


The other talk I liked is Gary E. Stevenson's talk "Spiritual Eclipse". The "gospel glasses" analogy was insightful and also pretty cool. I want to be able to focus on the things that are most important in life. I think that serving a mission has helped me to realize that before I wasn't using my time in the best way. I want to put the gospel and Christ first in all aspects of my life so that the other things can fall into place.


Most likely this is my last week in Lesotho. I'll probably be sent back to South Africa for the majority, if not the rest of my mission. Time to make this last week count!!
Love,
Elder LaHue


Elders Guymon, Moore, Hinnen

Pre-Conference Peanut Butter



Elder Hicks