Maseru, Lesotho Area - Week 51

Elder Hinnen, Mabela, Elder LaHue, Malebona, Mamabela

Lots of crazy news this week. I will report them in the order in which they occurred.

1) We got into a car accident Tuesday night. I was making a right turn at night when a blue Honda Fit tried to overtake me and smashed into the driver's side bumper. He was going considerably over the speed limit. Luckily I turned slow because if not I might not be writing this email today. Thankfully there were no injuries. My bumper was mangled up, and the other guy's car skidded over to the other lane. His car was banged up pretty bad and he couldn't drive away. After much time the traffic police showed up. The other driver has no insurance (because nobody here does) and he will appear in court soon. Poor guy. We made it home at about 10:30 that night, safe and sound.


2) Mabela Fantsi was baptized on Sunday!! The service was wonderful. Many of our members came to show their support. His mother and sister even came to watch! We have been teaching Mabela for 6 weeks now. He is 15 and learns very quick and has a humble heart. I had the privilege of baptizing him, and then I gave him a big hug! Next week he will be confirmed. The following week he will be given the Aaronic Priesthood, and then he will be set apart as the Teacher's Quorum President! Khubetsoana will really be able to use him moving forward, and I am happy for him! Too bad I won't be able to see that, because...


3) I am leaving!! Predictable, 7 months in an area is long. The real surprise is where I am going. I am being transferred.... back to Rocklands 2!!! I'm going to my first area again!!! Not to mention exactly a year later. I am extremely happy for this opportunity I have been given to be around people I love and missed! 


4) I am having a grandson! Haha. Elder Hinnen is training. The biggest shocker of them all! The "royal family" grows larger. I will get the chance to meet him before I leave on Wednesday. I am proud of Elder Hinnen and the missionary he has become! He will do a great job!! Now I can hand over the branch to him. The work is complete! I've been saying goodbyes to members and it has been very heartwarming. I love the people here with all my heart.

"GOD BE WITH YOU TILL WE MEET AGAIN"
Elder LaHue

*My pictures all got wiped again. I'm tired of email shops. Sorry!


Our bakkie

The offender's car