Rocklands 2 Area - Week 52

Elders Simayile, Mnisi, LaHue, Jantjies (MTC Group)

I turn a year this Thursday!! And what a better way to celebrate it than being in the area where I began my mission? I got back to Rocklands late Friday night. Being here has brought back so many memories. Along with that, there is been much change and growth in the ward and with the members in the last 9 months. Even the area itself is more developed! I find myself getting lost while driving because things have changed. I imagine it's what St. Cloud will seem like to me when I come home in a year.

Sad to be out of Lesotho, but I know the Lord has great things in store for me here. Elder Mnisi and I are working very hard. I know Elder Hinnen and Elder Baker will be able to pick up right where I left off back in Khubetsoana! I got a very warm welcome from the members here. I'm surprised they all remember me! I was driving in the area and I saw two girls from a family I baptized, Tankiso and Nti. When they saw me their eyes got big and they yelled "ELDER LAHUE!!". It made me so happy! We went around visiting people that I have previously taught, and we also have many new investigators here. Rumor has it that the ward will split soon.

On Thursday we went to MLC (Missionary Leadership Council). We drove to a place called the Drakensberg, a huge mountain range in South Africa and Lesotho. On Thursday we hiked to the top, came down and ate dinner, and slept in a Zulu hut. On Friday we had the meeting with President Thompson. We discussed what changes could be made in the mission to bring us closer to Jesus Christ. It was a powerful learning experience! Also quite exhausting, I lost a lot of sleep. 

I'm still settling in to Rocklands again but I am happy to be here. I know that Heavenly Father has a special purpose for bringing me back, and I am grateful to him for doing so.

With love,
Elder LaHue

Elder Dransfield

Elder Baker - my grandson!

Drakensburg Mountains w/ Elder Mnisi