Rocklands 2 Area - Week 55



Being a missionary means you never really have plans. You have them, but something always comes up to change them. Appointments cancel, other missionaries do crazy things, people call with tasks for us to do, etc. During the week we went on many exchanges with other missionaries. I'm glad that today I finally got some time to relax!

This week we have changed our focus a bit after talking with the Bishop and Stake President. Pres. Nyatshoba showed us a video while we were sharing the stake missionary report. It was a training about how to work with less active members (and recent converts). The insight we gained from that is to bring back members and also use them to find new investigators.

Saturday was a great experience for us! There were 3 hours open in the morning where we had nothing to do. We figured it would be a good time to find some less active members. We used a GPS, an old ward membership list, and my memory from being trained here. We found 4 less active families at home and were able to set appointments with all of them! We are planning to share the First Vision with them to revive their testimony. At church another LA family, the Jubane Family, showed up. There is a husband, wife, and daughter who are members. When we taught them I was with Elder Blamoh. He felt prompted to talk about the temple so we did, and they expressed desires to be sealed as a family. In addition, the whole family came to church on Sunday. Brother Jubane has 2 potential referrals for us!

Today, November 13th, is my sweet mother's birthday. She is __ years old!! Hahaha. I love her to death. She did her best to raise me right, teach me correct principles, and love me with all her heart. After school I would always come home and talk to her about my day. I can turn to her for anything, and I know she will do her best to help me. Please take the time to wish her a happy birthday!!

Love,
Elder LaHue

Rocklands Township

Our apartment ("boarding")


Elder Mnisi & I loved to lift weights on P-Days!