Rocklands 2 Area - Week 57

Thabang with Elders Blamoh, Mnisi, LaHue & Nielsen!

Transfers are here!! Elder Mnisi is leaving to a high baptizing area named Ezakheni. I am getting Elder Simayile, who is in the same group as Mnisi and I, and is also from South Africa. I have heard many good things about him so I'm excited! On Thursday I'll be traveling over to Durban for MLC. I haven't been there since March!

Missionary work is improving here. A challenge that we will face pretty soon is the holiday season. People are either drinking or out of town around this time of year. We have found quite a few new investigators recently so let's hope they stick around! We should have a baptism during the middle of the month, maybe a few more as well. November has treated us well.

I am almost done with the Book of Mormon challenge we were given in August! We were invited to read it in 100 days and record any spiritual impressions we have. I am almost at Moroni, the last book. This will be the first time I've read the Book of Mormon completely through as a missionary! I'll share some of my experiences with you when I have finished. For now I will encourage you all to read it every day!

I found out that BYU offers a Xhosa class for language study. It is one of the languages spoken here in the Free State. I am interested to take it when I get home, but who knows! For now I can only say a few words.

Attached is a pic of yogurt biscuits I made. We didn't do anything for Thanksgiving since it is an American holiday, so this is what happened instead.

Much love,
Elder LaHue

Homemade yogurt biscuits

Elders Mnisi, LaHue, Nielsen (MTC Group)

Kamo & Elder Nielsen


Elder Blamoh