Rocklands 2 Area - Week 58

Elders LaHue, Mnisi, Hoopes, Lowe, Nu'usa

December is here!! Things are going well in South Africa. I'll never get used to having Christmas in the summer... just kidding it's always summer in Florida. We have a new Christmas initiative this year: 12 days of service. 

We are so excited for this holiday season and for what is represents - the birth of our Savior!

This Christmas we are turning our hearts to Christ, and doing acts of service for
12 DAYS!

THE GOAL: TO LIFT AND UPLIFT OTHERS
WITH THOUGHTFUL PURPOSE
&
TO LEAVE AN IMPACT ON SOMEONE'S LIFE


On Thursday we left for the leadership counsel in Durban. 3 of us were crammed in the back of a truck for 10 hours! It was horrible! Anyways we got to Durban around  5 pm and I got to see 2 of my former companions, Elders Hicks and Dos Santos. There were 18 total missionaries there representing different areas of each mission. We are representing Bloemfontein Zone. The meeting began on Friday and lasted through the day. We spent most of the time discussing this Christmas plan. There is a lot of work involved. We have to plan a big service project for the zone, as well as work out many other details. For lunch we had burritos from 417, a nice Mexican restaurant in Durban. By the time the meeting was over I was exhausted! We drove for about 6 hours and spent the night in Phuthaditjhaba. Then we woke up, drove some more, and finally made it to Bloem at around noon on Saturday. Immediately upon returning home we went to work. Welcome to being a missionary!

My new companion, Elder Simayile, is awesome. He is from Queenstown in the Eastern Cape province, SA. Very humble guy and works hard. We have been out on mission the same amount of time. All of the guys in my group went to the Johannesburg MTC except for me. I still have no idea why they sent my to Provo! We are running in the mornings together and eating lots of fruits. He got me hooked on peaches. I am pretty sure that this transfer will go very well!!

I love you all! I hope that this Christmas you will be able to feel the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ. On Saturday I finished reading the Book of Mormon for the first time on mission. As I read each morning I was filled with Christ's love in my heart. I know that the book will do the same for you if you will read it carefully.

Love,
Elder LaHue

Sword fighting w/ Elder Hicks @ MLC

Berea Chapel


Dinner @ Stake President Nyatshoba's home!