Rocklands 2 Area - Week 60

Elders Hicks, Burlaka, Atkinson; President & Sister Thompson; Elders LaHue, Larsen, Chaparadza, Simayile, Peck, Lopez-Pelaez, Nielsen, Huff

I have a ton of pictures for you all!! A lot happened this week. I'll go in the order in which events occurred.

First, we had our zone Christmas party on Monday! I conducted the event. We held it at the Hicks' home from 11-3pm. We watched a Christmas film, heard from President Thompson, had an amazing lunch (ribs from a restaurant named Rocomama's), played a game, and finished by watching the 2017 Christmas slideshow. The APs put together a collaboration of pictures of all the missionaries from this year. The party was a success and we all had a great time!!

On Thursday we drove to Thaba'Nchu for exchanges and interviews. We did a service project in the morning where we cut down some cacti. The place reminds me of Texas! The weather was dry and I got sunburned. Solid day and we were close to Maseru so it made me miss all of my friends in Lesotho.

Saturday was Reconciliation Day. It is a holiday in South Africa where everyone drinks and nobody is home. Fun for them, not good for missionary work. We made it work though. In the morning we did a service project for Sibongile Feza and her family. A year ago my trainer and I baptized their family. I was flipping through my journal and it turns out we did exactly the same service project for them that we did a year ago! We helped clean up the weeds around their house.

On Sunday we had the baptism of Nomathamsanqa Qinisile! We call her Thami for short. Her family was baptized right before I got to Rocklands in October. We have been teaching her for a bit now and she has been really excited for this day. The baptism went smoothly and the spirit was felt. No complaints here!

Today we went out for Rocomama's for lunch. I got a peanut butter milkshake and a huger burger with mayo and guac. One of the best burgers I have had in a long time. Thanks to my family for an early Christmas present!!

Such a good week. I hope you are all excited for Christmas and had a great week as well.

Merry Christmas!


Elders Simayile & Chaparadza

Elder Nielsen

Skhambane - Bread, fried chips, polony (bologna). One of the unhealthiest things I have ever eaten!

Elders Lopez, Burlaka, LaHue, Simayile

Christmas service @ Thaba'Nchu!


Service @ Sibongile Feza's home (pt. 2)

Elder LaHue, Ma Qinisile, Nomathamsanqa, Thembeka, Elder Simayile

Thami's baptism!

Elders Simayile, LaHue, Huff

Lunch at Rocomama's as a Christmas present for our companions!