Amanzimtoti Area - Week 65


Not much to report on this week. Work was really slow. I mean reallyyyyy slow.... we are hoping it will pick up soon. From Thursday to Saturday almost every appointment cancelled on us. The new people we found didn't show up for their return appointments either. Add that to the heat and humidity, and that equals a long week. Life continues on!

We attended ward council on Thursday and we worked with the ward leaders in creating a ward mission plan for Amanzimtoti in 2018. The goals is to have 20 baptisms by the end of the year. We'll have to work hard to achieve that, but more importantly we need to work smart. If we can get some referrals from the members, our success will be much more rapid.

Today has been very relaxing, much needed. We drove to a parking lot near the ocean and parked our car. We got out and took some pictures and stared at the water. A cool breeze ran across my face and I stood there smiling. After a long week of work, that breeze was a wonderful reminder to me of our Heavenly Father's love for us. It was comforting.

This scripture is dedicated to Sister Solomon, who taught my seminary class in 2014. We did the Book of Mormon that year. This was her favorite scripture and I remember reading it and laughing and eating donuts. I am so grateful for the amazing job she did in loving our class and teaching us. That memory will stick with me the rest of my life.

2 Nephi 9:51 "Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness."

Remember to treasure up the things that are important in this life. Material things are not bad, but they shouldn't be our main focus. Families, our relationship with God, and our love for others should be at the top of our priority list. And remember to enjoy donuts!

Love,
Elder LaHue

Elder Sala

Alfred Komani and his sisters!