Amanzimtoti Area - Week 66

Qiniso & Alfred


1 Corinthians 13
          v.2 - "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."
          v.11 - "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

According to Paul, we can have everything in life: unlimited knowledge, power and faith, but if we have no charity we are nothing. Also if we aren't loving others we are being childish. At least that's my interpretation of this chapter! I'd recommend you read it yourself.

Tomorrow is zone conference and I'm speaking last about Christlike love. Charity is the "pure love of Christ". The goal is to help the missionaries around us develop habits of loving others and thinking less about ourselves. We have a bad habit of judging others before we know the whole side of the story. For myself I have found joy in learning about charity from the scriptures. Jesus Christ was the perfect example of love. As we emulate His actions, we will find ourselves showing more companion towards others on a daily basis.

Nothing interesting happened this week! Life continues to roll on. I hope you are all doing well and have a great week!

Love,
Elder LaHue

Mhlengi Ngcongo


Fish tank @ the Riese's home