Rocklands 2 Area - Week 63

"The Big Three" - Elias, William, Thabang

President Thompson really loves to switch things up... I am being transferred out of Rocklands again. That makes 6 months total here. I found out Saturday night and I'm getting on the 10 hour bus ride to Durban tonight. Not really much time to prepare or say goodbye to people, but it's okay. I was able to contact everyone I needed to and wish them farewell.

I am being transferred to Amanzimtoti in Durban. Toti is a coastal area and the boarding is right near the beach. Why is someone from Florida being put right next to the beach? In the summer? I'm not sure. It's going to be very hot and humid so I'll have to mentally prepare for that. I'm not 100% excited yet because I love Rocklands so much, but this will be a great new opportunity to experience actual Durban and serve there. Plus I can finally learn Zulu now!

Not much else to report on other than the passing of President Thomas S. Monson. May he rest in peace in the presence of our Father in heaven.

Attached is a pic of Thabang, William, and Elias. We take them to help us a lot and the great work here wouldn't be possible without them. The next pic is of Karabo Mahloko. Same goes for him. He just put in his mission papers and will get his call within the next few weeks. These guys are true friends and of the highest class!!!

Love,
Elder LaHue

Karabo Mahloko - called to serve in Cape Town, South Africa!!


Elders Burlaka, Lopez, Simayile, Larsen