Amanzimtoti Area - Week 68


Saturday was the big day... moving day!!! Elder Sala and I packed our bags and moved from our old boarding in Illovo Beach to the Riese's home in Amanzimtoti. Yes we are staying with members of the church now. We loaded up couches, desks, a washer, etc. and put them in a trailer. It only took us a few hours. Now we live in our area and right next to the chapel! It is a huge blessing.

Usual work this week. We are finally starting to have more appointments each day that don't cancel on us. That made the week go quicker and the work as well! I'm beginning to have more hope for this area. We met a man who said he was expecting us and let us right in when we knocked on his door. We came back 3 days in a row and started teaching him the gospel! He read from the Book of Mormon when we first gave it to him and I am excited to go back and see if he has learned more. Things are starting to go well for us, and we have even found new investigators through less-active members. 

Sunday we had ward conference and the stake presidency spoke. The theme was about temples and hype is being generated for the Durban temple! The problem is we were told it won't be ready until the middle of 2019... by then I'll be long gone. Someday I'll fly back to Durban so that I can go to the temple!

Earlier in the week we went on exchanges with the elders from Umlazi W section. We took them both to our area because theirs is too dangerous and we refused to go. I was working with another missionary for the day and decided I wanted to try to find people to teach in town because we always work in the poorer township. Within 30 minutes of talking to people in town I was cursed out twice! It made me laugh very hard. People have their own choice on whether they want to listen to us but it's funny when they are rude to us. I feel bad though that they throw something away before taking a chance on it.

Something I have been trying to practice: Live every day in the moment! It's important to plan for the future, but don't let that take away from the experiences you are having today. There will always be tomorrow, but never yesterday.

With love,
Elder LaHue


Elders Sala, Makhuvele, Apie, Maughan, Manyaka, Blamoh, Whiting
Elder Maughan won this game and broke the high score for the day!

Elder Maughan @ Lord's and Legends