Amanzimtoti Area - Week 69



Elder Dos Santos has finished his mission!


Transfer news: Elder Sala and I are staying. I'm excited!!

I don't know what happened but Amanzimtoti is on fire!!! We met with (Stake) President Mhlongo last week and he was talking about starting a group in KwaMakutha in a school or a member's home. Our ward mission leader presented the same idea to us as well. All of a sudden we have many people who want to be baptized and are coming to church!

At church an elderly woman named Valerie (who has been to coming to church for a while) said that she wants to be baptized before Easter. We found a man named Sam who is the daughter of a recent convert who wasn't coming to church. We left him with a restoration pamphlet and when we returned he read the whole thing, filled out the questions in the back and was asking us about the lower and higher priesthood. All of a sudden we are finding very prepared people.

We met this humble man named Sibusiso earlier in the transfer. He is doing so good. We just finished teaching him the gospel of Jesus Christ and he has read up to 1 Nephi 7. He walked 30 minutes to church on Sunday!!! When he was there he loved it. We introduced him to 2 YSA brethren that we know and they became friends. This man has been an answer to my prayers.

2 general authority seventies visited Durban on Thursday: Elders Ulisses S. Soares and Joni L. Koch. Their wives came as well and all four spoke to us in a conference. I haven't heard a Brazilian accent in a while so it was quite entertaining. Elder Soares spoke the longest, about the sacred nature of our calling and being representatives of Jesus Christ. It prompted me to ponder about my attitude and take my mission a bit more seriously.

Elder Dos Santos goes home to Maputo, Mozambique next week. I'll attach an old picture of my first day in the field with him. I'm going to miss him so much. He is a great missionary and had such a profound influence in shaping who I am as a missionary today. World's #1 trainer!!

Ube nosuku oluhle!
Elder LaHue

KwaMashu Chapel

Qiniso

Film equipment @ Phungula's house

Elder Sala