Amanzimtoti Area - Week 71

Elder Sala's 1 year celebration!

"But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

This scripture best summarizes how I feel right now. Work is going extremely well. One of the most successful weeks I have had on my mission so far. That being said, I don't want to get caught up in pride and think that it was because of only my companion and I. I'm very grateful for God's guiding hand in our work. He has been placing people in our path that are prepared to accept the gospel. Without His help we would just be knocking on doors all day getting nowhere. With His help we are experiencing miracles in Amanzimtoti.

Sibusiso is doing fantastic. This was his 3rd Sunday at church in a row. Bishop van Thiel met him and even offered to give him a ride home after church. He is set to be baptized on the 18th of March. We will see him on Wednesday to make sure that is what he wants and to set up the interview. I am excited for the coming weeks! He has potential to be a future bishop someday. 

I think that the ward is starting to notice more our efforts. We walked 50 minutes with an investigator and a less active member who hadn't been to church in a very long time. New faces continue to just appear at church out of nowhere! We had 13 investigators show up, 5 of which I had never seen before in my life. We set up many appointments throughout the week to meet with them so I am happy about that. I am so grateful for the Lord for helping us in this great work and sending us prepared people to teach.

In other news I can pray in Zulu now. It brings me joy.

Much love,
Elder LaHue




Elders Ballif & Maughan