Amanzimtoti Area - Week 72


I'm not sure what to write today. Writer's block is real. The weather was fantastic this week. Overcast, slight rain, cool breeze. My companion and I are getting along great. The work in Durban zone is still moving long. We did some baptismal interviews for the elders in Kwamashu 2 area on Thursday. Sibusiso was interviewed on Friday and he passed! We are eagerly awaiting his baptism this Sunday! From what I have heard, Toti hasn't had a baptism in a long time. We have been blessed for sure.

2 weeks ago we met a man in the shop of one of our investigators. He said he had been to our church before and would like to come that Sunday. He didn't make it that Sunday, so we called him the following week to try to set up an appointment to see him. His voice was very faint and he said that he was in the hospital in Berea. We made a plan to visit him during the open hours of the hospital. When we arrived, he was laying in bed and in pain. The doctors aren't sure what happened, but he became very weak all of a sudden. I felt like we should use the priesthood to give him a blessing. We did so quickly and then got out of there. His wife was rushing us away.

Later in the week I tried to call him but his phone wasn't picking up. I figured we'd find out somehow if he had gotten better, although we had no way to contact him. We were at the same shop a few days later and our friend told us that the man had passed away in the hospital. I was shocked. How could someone go from being perfectly healthy to in the hospital to dead in a matter of days? I'm grateful that we were able to go and visit him. If we hadn't we would have never seen him again. I'm sure that he his in a happier place now. I know that God has prepared a place for him to continue to learn and grow and become like Him. 

I guess the moral of that story is that you never know when something tragic will happen. Do your best in life to live in a way that God would be proud of you. After all, he is your Father in heaven. And someday we will all return to live with Him.

Love,
Elder LaHue



Elders Nobunga, Heindel, Ballif, Nichols, Kumar, Jeri, LaHue, Sala, Cox, Maughan