Amanzimtoti Area - Week 73

Bishop van Thiel baptized Sibusiso Nxopo!


March 18th, 2018. Sibusiso Nxopo was baptized!!! I've written a lot about him but I'll write some more. He is a 25 year guy from Eastern Cape. He moved to KZN in 2015. Right now he is a soccer player for a local team and is looking for a permanent job. Elder Sala and I met him last month while walking down a street. We saw him walking around and went up to his home. He let is in and told us that he had seen us and was expecting us to come talk to him. We started teaching him and everything made sense to him immediately. We never had to review a lesson or anything! 

Time went on of teaching him and he progressed at a rapid rate. He has read up to 2 Nephi so far. He walks 40 minutes to church every Sunday on his own. He told his soccer coach that he will no longer play on Sundays so that he can make it to church every Sunday!! Sibu requested for Bishop van Thiel to baptize him so that he would have someone older than him who can reach out to him in case that he ever falls off course. We are so proud of him. The service yesterday went great and the spirit was very strong. It was one of those powerful moments on my mission that I will be able to remember 20 years from now. I can say that God has made his presence shown on that day and in the work we are doing here. Just waiting for him to become a general authority now!!

Other than that this week was a blast. I went on exchanges in Berea on Friday. Berea is the official "Durban" area. It was cool to be working in a huge city for the day. I was with Elder Walker from SLC. He took me to the only Krispy Kreme in the mission! My joy was full that day.

On Sunday we got to work with President Thompson's son-in-law Nate and his grandson Issac (who is 9). It was awesome having a kid with us who testified of the Book of Mormon to investigators. He was like our secret weapon to make them fill the spirit. His dad is a cool guy as well! Their family is visiting from Boston for 2 weeks.

I'll close with a scripture: D&C 58:27
"Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness"

I love you all! Have a great week!
Elder LaHue



Mhlengi Thusi, Elder Nobunga