Amanzimtoti Area - Week 75


Dave & Dudu's wedding!
This week has been pretty difficult for me. I had little to no desire to go to the area or do much of anything. Luckily we had a ton of appointments so there wasn't much time to sit around and think. One of the biggest blessings that happened was having Elder Russell with us for 2 days. He made our days exciting and kept us entertained. I really respect him for how he was able to help me during those 2 days. Another thing that helped was when I read ch. 3 of the addiction recovery book. It talks about aligning our will with God's will. I put up a picture of Jesus Christ smiling above my desk to help me think of him more. Our Easter service was fantastic! Our bishop showed some videos of Christ and I was able to feel the spirit powerfully. I'm sure this week of my life has done a lot to shape my character.

Transfer news: Elder Sala and I are staying together for a 3rd transfer. I am pumped!!

On Tuesday I killed a chicken at an investigator's house. The family was ready to eat it so they invited me to kill it since I had never done it before. The problem was that the knife was really dull so it took a long time. Upon finishing the job I became very dizzy. Seeing blood is my weakness, so it took me several minutes to recover completely. Elders Sala and Russell took the feathers off and cleaned it while I caught my breath. Not the most manly moment. Haha. We came back during the night and ate it for dinner, along with steamed bread (called dumbolo). That was a crazy experience!

Dave and Dudu got married on Thursday. Dudu is an investigator we have been teaching, and Dave is a member. Dudu is going to be baptized along with someone else we are teaching in 2 weeks!

Here is the quote that helped me this week:

"This submission to the Lord is hard doctrine. It requires us to rededicate ourselves to His will at the start of each day and sometimes every hour or even from moment to moment, As we are willing to do so, we find the grace, or enabling power to do what we could not do for ourselves.

"Continued submission to God's will reduces strife and brings more meaning to our lives. Small things like traffic jams are no longer cause for upset. We no longer fear our creditors. We accept responsibility for our actions. We accept and treat others as we would like to be treated, as the Savior would treat us all. Our eyes, our minds, and our hearts are finally open to the truth that mortality is challenging and that it will always have the potential to bring us sorrow and frustration as well as happiness.

"Each day we renew our submission to the Lord and His will. This is what most mean when we say 'one day at a time'. We have decided to let go and enjoy another 24 hours of the serenity and strength that comes from trusting in God and in His goodness, power, and love."

I hope each of you enjoyed this Easter Sunday.

With all my love,
Elder LaHue

Kwando - Future Missionary!

Illovo District - Elders Blamoh, Abel, LaHue, Apie, Sala, Jeri

Elders Russell & Sala - service at Sis. Tish's school!