Amanzimtoti Area - Week 77





This is a funny story, and I'm only slightly embarrassed to tell it. I got in an accident. Sort of. Thursday night I was looking in the mirror and saw that some of my hair was too long on the side so I figured I would just take the scissors and blend it in and everything would be okay. As I made the first cut, the scissors slipped and cut a huge chunk out of the side of my hair. I tried to fix it, but as I kept cutting it only made things worse. So that night I ended up sleeping around 12 with a messed up haircut. In the morning we ran over to a barber quick and he fixed up the sides. I asked him to trim the top but his English wasn't very good so instead he took a 3 and buzzed the top. The rest is history. Now I have no hair! It's funny now that I tell people the story. It will be back in 6 months anyway!

On Sunday we had the baptisms of Dudu Stofile and Mhlengi Thusi. Dude was recently married to her husband Dave. They moved into the ward from Johannesburg. Dave gave a powerful talk on baptism and about how him and his wife have progressed so much in the gospel. It was very heartwarming. Mhlengi is a 14 year old kid that we have been teaching for a few months. He comes to church on his own each Sunday by taxi. He is dedicated for sure. This Sunday was the perfect Sunday for baptisms because 14 investigators came to church!!! We can't even believe what has been happening here lately. The Lord has been preparing his children to receive the gospel. I'm sure that fact that the Durban temple is coming soon is having a great effect on the people in KZN.

In other news life is going well. I am gaining a testimony of the power of personal revelation as I have followed the words of President Russell M. Nelson. Writing down promptings we receive is a great way to recognize the answers we have received to our prayers. I know that God is mindful of each and every one of his children and he answers prayers.

Love,
Elder LaHue 

Don't cut your own hair at night with a dull pair of scissors..


Baptisms of Mhlengi & Dudu!

Elder Jeri