Amanzimtoti Area - Week 81

Baptism of Josh Boucher! (w/ Tammy & Jarred)


End of another 6 weeks! This was an awesome 18 weeks serving with Elder Sala. I have been very blessed to be his companion for so long. We have done a lot of great work and had many laughs. He is going close by to Pinetown. I am staying in Amanzimoti and my new companion is named Elder Warner. I have never met him and I am training him on how to be a zone leader. Excited to stay here!!

This Mother's Day was filled with blessings. The biggest one of course was being able to talk to my Mom and tell her that I love her. (And the rest of the family as well!) This was my last call home before I see them in person. Funny story is that we were very late getting out of a baptismal interview and we had to drive from Umlazi to Durban to make the calls. We were 5 minutes away and then we got a flat tire on the highway. I think God has been trying to teach me patience these days. See pictures attached.

At church we had the baptism of 12 year old Josh Boucher. He came us to us a few weeks ago and said he wanted to be baptized and that he was reading the Book of Mormon with his mom every night. When we went to teach him he already knew everything! Josh is a quick learner. The service was a bit scrambled (our fault) but it went well. Even his grandmother came to see him baptized!

One of our investigators, Sibusiso was confirmed today!! He was actually baptized back in March, but due to family concerns he hasn't been to church since his baptism 2 months. We had been visiting him several times each week trying to see what we could do to help. Finally on Friday we were able to take our Bishop with us to visit and they had a chat with each other. At church I was washing my hands and I walked out of the bathroom and out of nowhere there he was! I nearly ran him over!! In addition to him being confirmed, one of our investigators named Sam came to church for the first time this Sunday. He loved it so much. Also one of our recent converts, Mhlengi, passed the sacrament for the first time!

Things are going grand right now. I can see proof that Heavenly Father has been blessing us for the efforts we have put forth. I hope to continue these efforts day by day!

Love,
Elder LaHue

The Boucher Family

Jean-Louis Riese & Josh Boucher

Elders Sala, Jeri, and...

Da Silva. We got a flat tire on the way to our Mother's Day skype calls!