Amanzimtoti Area - Week 82

Elder Warner (and Elders Silva, Maughan, Ballif & Nichols in the back)

Post-transfers.. back into the swing of things now! On Wednesday we drove to Pinetown to drop off Elder Sala and pick up Elder Warner. He is the assigned driver right now, which I am happy about. I have drove every day since July of last year! The mission office finally decided to let me have a break. Elder Warner is from American Fork, Utah. Funny that he is my first companion from Utah after being a missionary for so long. He is a sweet guy and he enjoys music and reading.

This week we have been working very hard. Lots of contacting. Unfortunately we didn't find many people, but the Lord blessed us in other way. 4 different people came to church this Sunday for their first time! Two of them were brought by one of our progressing investigators, one was brought by a member, and the other one just showed up randomly. It was very neat to see prepared people fall right into our hands. Josh was confirmed today and both him and Sibusiso received the Aaronic Priesthood! Also the attendance of Toti Ward is increasing steadily each week, so we should break 100 in the next few weeks.

Lately I feel that I have been putting in more effort lately, kind of like my spirits have been lifted. Serving for a long time has taught me about the important principle of endurance. Things go much smoother when we put our feet forward and continue to move in the right direction. Conversely, when we remain stagnant time seems to drag and we don't enjoy each day. It has been a blessing for me to reflect each night on the work we did during the day. Then when I put my head on my pillow I fall asleep very quickly. I guess that's what makes missionary work go so quickly.

I hope you are all doing well! I'm sure it is getting hot in the US now. I have come to terms with the fact that it won't get cold here, so I'll enjoy while I can and then when I go back to BYU I'll get blasted with the cold and snow. Looking forward to it!

Love,
Elder LaHue

Elder Sala and I were together for 3 transfers! That is the longest time I have been with someone, and I had the least amount of problems with him!