Amanzimtoti Area - Week 84

Elders Hauck & Kumar

This week has been wonderful. I have gained a testimony of the principle of following up and not giving up on people. Earlier on my mission I would drop people quite quickly if I didn't think that they would progress soon. With Elder Warner we spent 2 weeks following up on people I taught with Elder Sala. One house we visited every day, and the person was never home! This week everything came together and many of those people we regained contact with.

As a result, 3 of those people set a date to be baptized and a 4th person came to church for the first time this Sunday! We have been teaching her on and off for 3-4 months before she finally was able to keep the commitment of coming to church. It goes to show that people's concerns are real and that they take time to open up.

We experienced a big miracle this week. On Friday we had an appointment set that fell through. We knocked on another door to see if they know where that person was. A woman answered the door and said she didn't know. We were preparing to leave, but first we opened our mouths to see if she would be interested in hearing about the gospel. She was talking to us and mid-sentence began sobbing uncontrollably. She told us how she has been really sick for a long time time and how she can't afford medical care. We stood there and listened, wondering what to do. I had no idea what to say. Her partner came out and he started talking to us. Since we still didn't know what to do, I offered to come into their small room for a second and say a prayer with them. After that we gave them a Book of Mormon and the man told us that he had received one many years back but he was too busy then. Right now he is looking for work so he has more time. We invited them to come to church and they accepted. We figured that would be the best thing we can do to help them. 2 days later they showed up at church!! Now we have a new family to teach that can benefit greatly from the teachings of Jesus Christ. I am thankful that Heavenly Father allowed us to have this experience. I feel humbled after witnessing these recent events.

Mormon 9:11,18-21 "But behold, I will show unto you a God of miracles, even the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and it is that same God who created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are.

And who shall say that Jesus Christ did not do many mighty miracles? And there were many mighty miracles wrought by the hands of the apostles. 

And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles. 

And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should trust. 
Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."

I would say that this scripture has been a summary of how my week went. I see many miracles every day! This is a special time in my life. I know that I won't be able to do this for much longer, so better make the most of it while I can. Also last night we watched the Testaments movie with a recent convert. 10/10 would recommend!

Love you all and enjoy life!
Elder LaHue

Elder Warner


KwaMakutha. You can Umlazi from here!

The Riese's driveway. I ran this street every morning for 6 months with Elder Sala and then Elder Warner!