Amanzimtoti Area - Week 86




Elders Da Silva, Nobunga, Mnisi, LaHue

Some highlights from this week:

1) Zone Conference on Wednesday! The theme was "converted unto the Lord". I gave a 30 minute presentation on cultivating a spirit of hard work. Overall the day went quite well! All the speakers did an excellent job and, of course, donuts for dessert.

2) I was at the mission office this week going through some recent data and records. I had the thought to look up baptisms of areas I had served in, after I left. I wanted to see which people I had started to teach were able to progress on and make it all the way. I was shocked to find the names of 10 people I taught that had been baptized after I left! It was a humbling experience that strengthened my testimony of planting seeds of faith. Sometimes we aren't around to see the help we are to people!

3) On Saturday our goal was to walk the whole day as a test in preparation for losing our car next month. Our initial plan was to walk 30 minutes to a member's home, where he would go with us for the day and show us how to catch a taxi to KwaMakhutha. Our plans were doubly spoiled because it was a holiday so there were no taxis, and because there happened to be too much crime going on in that area for the weekend. We were forced instead to walk around town for the day, which lead to an encounter with a baptist minister who immediately attacked our faith.. "the bible is sufficient alone for salvation". It is a long story. Quite an interesting day to say the least!

This week I want to focus on having a positive attitude. I am sure that Heavenly Father wants me to be happy while doing his work. Attitude changes behavior! This might be my last week in Toti so I need to give it everything I've got.

- Elder LaHue 

Elder Simayile, Sister Hampshire & chocolate donuts!

Elders Deen, Da Silva, Harbertson, Makhuvele, Mnisi, Kumar, Walker

Elders Hauck & Walker

Elders Hauck and Elder Kumar were best buds!

Elders Harp, Harbertson, Hauck, LaHue, Walker, Da Silva