Amanzimtoti Area - Week 87


Baptism of Samkelo Nene!

Sunday was an amazing experience. Sam, who turned 24 a week ago, was baptized! His mother and his wife, who is not a member, came to witness it. The spirit was present as we sang hymns and 2 of the YSA brethren gave talks. Sam was baptized by Bishop van Thiel. Afterwards he bore a powerful testimony, thanking his family and sharing what he has gained from the gospel. The ward is happy and welcoming to him! Later in the day we went over to his house to talk to him. He said he feels so clean and pure after being baptized. I'm so grateful for the Lord for granting me the opportunity to be a part of such a life changing event.

Transfer News: I'm leaving after an epic 6 months of serving in Amanzimtoti Ward. I love the members here. They have treated me like their son! I'm sure my Mom will be happy to read that. The last few days I have been running around saying goodbye to people. It is a little heartbreaking, but now I just say, "I'll message you in 4 months!" Technology is great. This morning I went to say goodbye to Bishop and his wife Candy and they made us pancakes for breakfast! I feel like a piece of my heart will be left in Toti when I leave on Wednesday.

I am going to Umbhedula Branch. It is a township outside of Pinetown. Which means I am going back to Hillcrest Stake, next door to Durban. I think that I will be on bikes, but definitely walking. My new companion is Elder Walker. I don't know him well yet, but I know he is from Britain. I have enjoyed my time with Elder Warner and I wish him the best of luck moving forward! Toti is the right place for a solid, hard working missionary like him.

In other news, we ran into a second man who studied theology (the baptist minister from last week was the first). Upon introducing ourselves, this man told us that we are "indoctrinated teenagers". That was a nice chat! I think it is funny the different people we run into as missionaries. You never never what you are going to find!

Here are some pics of Sam's baptism and some members of the ward. I love you all!

- Elder LaHue


Sam with his mom (Mary Jane) and wife!

Bishop & Candy van Thiel
                           


Mhlengi Thusi

Thula Cebekhulu

Sister Khetiwe


Sister TV and her grandkids, Kwando and Nokwanda.
We got fed Jeqe and Beans every week for 6 months!