Umbhedula Area - Week 89

The extended Royal Family (minus Elder Baker):
Elders LaHue, Bodnar, Hinnen, Leishman, Kabisa


This week was legendary. We were on foot!! I have so many stories and miracles to share. I won't even be able to list them all! Also these days I will have less time to email because I will be in an email shop. I will have less pictures each week because I can't take my camera to the area due to being on foot. Safety reasons.

Elder Hinnen turned a year a mission this week. I can't believe it's been that long since I trained him! They grow up so fast!

Catching taxis is so cool. We walk up to the side of the road and wait until the taxi with the sticker color we want passes by. The one we look for has a yellow leopard. Then we flag it down by holding up a certain sign with our hands that corresponds with different parts of our area. For example, to get to our area we point one finger downward. It costs 6R to get to where we work each day. My legs are really sore from walking. We measured it and in one day we walked 11Ks, so times that by 7. I'm getting cooked by the sun as well. It takes us 45 minutes to get to our area each day, including a 30 minute walk. We are looking to move into the location soon to save time and money.

Umbhedula branch meets at a preschool called Insizwakazi Primary School. The members are incredibly helpful to us. I have seen so many miracles in just this week alone. 5 people gave us rides in the area. Some taxis have dropped us for free. Members are willing to walk with us. They give many referrals! We went tracting with a member and almost every single person let us in. 2 member referrals agreed to be baptized, both are potential priesthood holders! We even tracted into a father-led family who we taught the Restoration. God is seriously blessing us.

Due to the new schedule, we get out early and are in early. The first few day of walking I was so tired that I would sleep at 8:30pm and wake up at 6am the next morning. Also I'm eating a ton of food now because I burn it all off during the day. It is so nice! One day we failed to catch a taxi home so we had to walk 90 minutes all the way home. I was so tired!! This week was a blast and flew by. I am very excited for the new changes that have taken place.

Attached is a picture of the "Royal Family". My son, brother, and 2 nephews.

Hope you all have a great week and remember to drink lots of water when outdoors!
Elder LaHue


Elders Mbangi, Walker, LaHue, Leishman