Umbhedula Area - Week 92

Mfundo Ndaba & Sandile

Somehow I have survived 21 months of being a full-time missionary! It blows my mind sometimes when I think about it. 3 months to go!!

This Sunday we had the baptism of Ayanda Mbanjwa. Since we hold church at a school we had to drive to the nearest chapel with a baptismal font, which is in a town called Chatsworth. I included a video of how we got there: many of us piled in the back of a pickup truck. (which is illegal in the US but common in SA) Many members of Umhedula drove to the chapel to show their support! Poor Ayanda was feeling ill in the morning but she was able to power through the day. All in all it was a neat experience!

Here is a scripture that helped me this week: D&C 63:20
"Nevertheless, he that endureth in faith and doeth my will, the same shall overcome, and shall receive an inheritance upon the earth when the day of transfiguration shall come."

In order to overcome difficulties in our life, we must be patient with God's timetable and align His will with our's. Easier said than done, but it is a simple formula to remember when we are having hard times.

For some reason a few people we have walked past have asked me for some "rice krispies". Not sure if that is a code word for something shady or if they want the actual cereal. If so I can imagine it would be hilarious.

Love,
Elder LaHue


Elder Walker, Pres. Mdabe, Ayanda, Elder LaHue
Ayanda passed away suddenly due to an unknown illness on Aug. 22nd, 2018.
I don't know how to explain the feeling of seeing someone baptized and then attending their funeral a month later.
She made the right decision at the right time and I know that she is in paradise now!

Lihle, Pres. Mdabe, Ayanda, Andile Pakisi

Mxolisi Mzizi

Nkanyiso Nene

Insizwakazi Primary School classroom - our church meetings were held here!