Umbhedula Area - Week 93




Elder B. Walker. Utah vs. BYU


Somewhere up in the heavens, God is looking down upon me. And he is laughing. We received our transfer news. I am staying in Umbhedula and my new companion is Elder Cox. I am really excited to serve with him because we are already friends and he is a cool guy! He is very good at guitar so surely I will learn some nice skills from him. This is the ironic part. Last transfer I was released as a zone leader after serving for 9 months. I was very excited about that. So I was free from resposibility for 6 weeks. Then President Thompson told me that he is calling me to be a ZL again now. So much for a break, hahaha. I don't mind though, with every responsibility there is a chance for growth!

I love this quote from James E. Faust:

"Hope is the anchor of our souls. I know of no one who is not in need of hope—young or old, strong or weak, rich or poor. As the prophet Ether exhorted, “Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.

Everybody in this life has their challenges and difficulties. That is part of our mortal test. The reason for some of these trials cannot be readily understood except on the basis of faith and hope because there is often a larger purpose which we do not always understand. Peace comes through hope."

Hope led me through some difficult times recently. And now that hope has paid off, because I am in a happier situation now! Heavenly Father blesses us when we have patience through our trials.

We moved into our area this week. The area is called Nagina, it is a 15 minute walk from the school where we hold church. Spent all of Saturday moving out. The new place is a big downsize, but cozy and easy to clean. Our landlords are a couple and they are very friendly. They even offered to come to church with us! Now we get a free ride to church instead of walking for an hour! I added some pictures of the new place so you can see.

During sacrament meeting I went up to the pulpit and bore my testimony in full Zulu. It was one of the top 10 coolest things I have ever done. Some of the members were shocked. Check that off of my bucket list!!

Love you all,
Elder LaHue

Elder T. Walker & Lindo

@ Spur Steak Ranches. Formerly known for its Monday special - buy one get one free burgers!
I think that the missionaries ate them into a profit loss!

Our new boarding in Nagina!