Umbhedula Area - Week 98




The Pakisi family!
Dimpho, Andile, Zanele, Lunka & the other children.

"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22" What a week!!! We did some great things to celebrate. On Monday we ate seafood at Ocean Basket. Wednesday was zone conference and afterwards Max passed her baptismal interview. In the evening we went to the Pakisi's home to eat cake because Andile and I share a birthday! She is the one in the picture with the cake.

On Saturday it was raining pretty hard and we went out and got wet. For an hour we were waiting for some members to get home and we were hiding from the rain on the side of their house with our backs pressed up against the wall! Elder Cox and I set aside some time in the morning to plan a few different exciting goals. Such as:

1. Organizing a bible study class at a member's home on Wednesdays at 4pm.
2. Holding a weekday FHE at a member's home and inviting less actives in the area.
3. Invite the branch to have a "bring a friend" Sunday and set a goal with them for a day.
4. Bring a box of Book of Mormons to church and have members write their testimonies in them. They can give them out or we can.

We have already started working on most of these goals. I am excited to see how the Bible study goes as we will be able to tie it in to church doctrines. We started a 120 day Book of Mormon challenge as a mission. I will finish it when I am home so it will help me with the transition back to normal life.

Next Sunday Max will be baptized so I will send the updates and pictures!!

Love,
Elder LaHue

Andile and I share a birthday of September 5th!



Elder Cox & I led zone conference!

Ocean Basket. I wanted to eat here my whole mission!