Umbhedula Area - Week 103

Sister Rose from KwaDabeka!

Two weeks to go.. what else can I say?

On Thursday I went on an exchange with Elder Chiromo in KwaDabeka. He is a great guy! I served there in February 2017 for only 6 weeks. I was very excited to go back because my time there was short compared to the rest of my areas. I haven't been in 19 months! Some members I saw remembered me and it was a joyful reunion! What a sweet experience to have right before I finish my mission.

Work is going great! We moved Mthokozisi's baptism to the 28th to give him an extra week to prepare. He says that he has stopped smoking, and he even came to general conference! I hope that he can make this date because it is my last Sunday. We are exercising faith in the Atonement that it will give him the power to be clean!

We should have 4 baptisms the Sunday after I leave. Sis. Cele, the wife of the 1st councilor in the branch presidency, and 3 younger girls. Sometimes we find that children aren't baptized when they are 8 so we need to help the families get their children baptized.

From General Conference I learned that I need to place an increased emphasis on family scripture study and regular temple attendance, both things I could have been better at in the past. Also I took note of President Nelson's talk on how we need to refer to Christ's church by it's correct name.

See you soon!
Elder LaHue

Elder Chiromo

KwaDabeka Chapel

Some days you walk and get soaked.