Umbhedula Area - Week 104




Elders Morales, Brown, LaHue, Cox


Photo finish. This has been one of the most unexpected events of my mission.

Unfortunately, Mhtokozisi will not make his baptismal date. He wasn't at home both times we tried to see him. He doesn't have a phone. It is not a huge setback, but most likely he needs some more time to be ready. He might be baptized next transfer.

When I came to Umbhedula in June we started teaching Nkanyiso Nene, who was baptized in August. He is still going strong. Around that time we also started teaching his older brother Mfundo, who is 19 years old. Mfundo started coming to church but he didn't feel ready to be baptized yet. He started working as a receptionist in a neighboring city and we weren't able to meet with him very often.

Time went on and about two weeks ago he finished his job and started to be at home more frequently. He met with him once and read from the Book of Mormon with him. During our next visit we invited him to be baptized on the 28th of October (my last Sunday) and he said he will pray about it. When we returned last Friday he told us that "my heart has been softened by Christ". He was interviewed on Saturday and he passed!!

I am blown away because that came out of nowhere. We will have a baptism my last Sunday, and Mfundo asked me to baptize him. Heavenly Father has answered my prayers in a way I never would have expected.

Other updates:
On Saturday we had zone conference. It went really well and I was able to bear my final testimony. I can say it was an emotional experience. I didn't cry though! Haha.

On Thursday we did an exchange in Molweni. The views are beautiful there. Here are some pictures.

Yesterday Elder Cox and I got to name two rottweiler puppies. The Shabalala family has a tradition: when they get a new puppy they allow a missionary to name it. Since there were two of them we both got to name one! The names we chose are Bruno and Aaron. They are so cute.

We have been teaching our landlords and their family on several nights when we return from our normal work from the day. It makes me very exhausted because it is essentially working overtime but there is no overtime for the Lord. The lessons are going very well and two members of the family came to church yesterday!

These are my many updates. Next week I will send my final email.

Love,
Elder LaHue

Molweni has beautiful views!



Elders Deen, Cox, Mustapha, Mbangi, Jeri, LaHue
Driving to the taxi rank from zone conference!